Deliverable 3: Realization Phase
a. Design Case Presentations [6, 8 December 10:30 -12:00 ]
b. Final Project Documentation Submission [ Tuesday 13 December, end of day ]
c. Upload a representative image and short final project description to the IDeATe Gallery* | gallery.ideate.cmu.edu by 15 December.
Your final project presentation should firstly be in a visually rich narrative form and weave a compelling vision for how your Open Portfolio system would improve the creative process, learning outcomes and life opportunities for youth and educators using your service. In this presentation make sure to:
- Dynamically enact or demonstrate your design solution for stakeholder review using visuals and stories around your prototype to effectively communicate the user experience
- Explain your design rationale, and make explicit ties between research insights, design iterations, and the final artifact
- Reference your design process, methods selected, and the learning theory/research that informed your work
- State what learning and usage measures would indicate the success for your system
As before, the team not presenting will need to document stakeholder comments and critique from the review panel to share with the presenting team. Each team must respond to this review feedback in comments or by revisions to your final materials.
See blog post for suggested presentation sections.
[ Presentation Grading Rubric ]
Create a final project documentation packet. This can be either a online site, or a PDF with clickable links to interactive elements as needed.
See the Box > Deliverable 3 Final Documentation for a checklist of elements your final design process documentation should include. Plan to submit the final online project documentation via a URL link to Irene and me by email by Tuesday, 13 December, end of the day.
- Problem statement with a succinct overview of the envisioned solution
- Design insights and user research results
- Visual design studies - storyboards/ experience maps / mockups / sketches
- Prototype iteration documentation which makes findings and revisions explicit
- Slides from in-class presentations and the final concept maps
- Bibliography of references, sources investigated, and design precedents informing your inquiry
- Upload an IDeATe project summary to IDeATe Gallery* | gallery.ideate.cmu.edu
- Thank the community partners you enaged in user studies, share your final documentation with adult and youth participants
- Daragh Byrne, IDeATe Faculty, Carnegie Mellon University
- Eddie Kim, Architecture Faculty, Carnegie Mellon University
- Julina Coupland, UPMC Lead Interaction Designer
- Megan Cicconi, AUI Center for Creativity
- Nina Barbuto, Director - ASSEMBLE
- Peter Wardrip, Learning Scientist, Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- Adam Nye, Director City as Campus Program, Winchester Thurston
- Patricia Monticello Kievlan, Assoc. Editor, Graphite/Common Sense Media, Sprout Fund
- Erin Olynski, Education Director, Tech Shop Pgh
- Jolene Zywica, Research Director, Opportunity Education Foundation
- Anne Sekula, Remake Learning Council